GOOGLE SLIDES AND FORMS: All months have been updated to include Google Slides and self-grading Google Forms.
What is included?
- Math Morning Work for the months of August - June
- ELA Morning Work for the month of August - June
Would you like to try it before you buy it?
Click HERE to grab your FREE WEEK of 1st Grade ELA Morning Work
🛑 Are you a member of the TLL Membership? These materials are already included. If you are not a member, click here to learn more. The TLL Membership gives you an all-access pass to hundreds of ELA resources for teachers in Grades 3-5.
ABOUT THE ELA MORNING WORK:
The bundle includes morning work for the months of August - June. Each month includes 4-5 weeks of morning work. The morning work is focused on ELA 2nd Grade Common Core Standards. Each day has a thematic structure to cover Language Standards, Grammar, as well as enhance Vocabulary and Comprehension skills.
- Meaningful Monday: Monday is focused on making meaning. Tasks will focus on vocabulary and comprehension. At the beginning of the year, tasks will include drawing a picture to go with the sentence, matching words to pictures, write about the picture, real or nonsense words, and match the sentence to the picture.
- Take a Try Tuesday: Tuesdays lead to Text Structure Tuesday in the above grade levels. In 1st Grade, students will write about the text, write about the picture, complete the sentence, and move into comprehension questions and vocabulary as the year progresses.
- Wordy Wednesday: Wednesday is all about working with words. Tasks include phonics activities, spelling sorts, homophones, and other word work activities.
- Throwback Thursday: Thursday is all about grammar usage and conventions.
- Fluency Friday: Friday is dedicated to building fluency. Students will work with sight words, complete cloze reading activities, poetry activities, and anything related to building fluency.
ABOUT THE MATH MORNING WORK:
- Mathematician Monday- Problems are centered around 1st Grade math review and problems leading up to the understanding of more complex problems, especially Multiplication & Division. In the 3rd-5th Grade morning work, it is called Multiplication Monday.
- Base Ten Tuesday- All about the Base of our Number System. These problems are centered around our number system and place value.
- Wordless Wednesday- No Word Problems! Students have 3 problems without words.
- Throwback Thursday- Review Day! Other days may offer a review problem, but Thursdays have problems that may come from Kindergarten or the beginning of the year. We also added problems from other standards such as Measurement, Data, Geometry, and Number Patterns.
- Fun Friday- Nothing says Fun Friday like Math! There is always a need to review. By keeping it short and sweet and including a fun personal question, this may help build your students’ confidence with different math skills while also keeping it fresh. The problems may also lead up to the understanding of Fractions in 2nd grade.
This ELA + Math Morning Work is available for the following grade levels:
ELA + Math Bundles
ELA Weekly Assessments