This packet is a 20 day Summer Learning Packet for 2nd Graders (soon-to-be 3rd graders) to continue practicing reading, math, science, social studies skills over the summer.
This packet is filled with a variety of skills that your soon-to-be -third graders can practice over the summer so that they are ready for the upcoming school year.
This packet includes 20 activities each for:
- Nonfiction Reading Comprehension (Octopuses)
- Nonfiction Reading Comprehension (Pink Flamingos)
- Nonfiction Reading Comprehension (Wildfires)
- Reading Comprehension (Camping Trip)
- Writing: Camping Trip
- Reading a Poem (Nature’s Music by Lenore Hetrick)
- Compare and Contrast (Dolphins and Porpoises)
- Parts of Speech
- Reading a Passage (A Day at the Beach)
- Writing: Family Time
- Compound Words
- Writing: Best Vacation Ever!
- Plural Nouns
- Complete Sentences
- Proper Nouns
- Possessive Nouns
- Writing: To the dentist!
- Color by Crab (Addition: Sums of 100, 150, 300)
- 100 More or Less
- 10 More or Less
- Math Word Problems
- Multistep Problems
- Place Value
- Writing Numbers into words
- Writing Numbers from words
- Expanded Form (Number to Expanded Form)
- Expanded Form (Expanded Form to number)
- 2 Digit Addition
- 3 Digit Addition
- 2 Digit Subtraction
- 3 Digit Subtraction
- Number Patterns
- Summer Shopping (Costs, Change)
- Equal Groups of 2
- Equal Groups of 5
- Equal Groups of 10
- Equal Shares
Science, Social Studies, Health
- Inclined Plane
- Living Near the Ocean
- Games: Then and Now
- Living on an Island
- Food Groups
- Digestive System
- Five Senses
- Safety Signs
Please see the grid in the preview for skills covered.
- The files are organized by subject or by day.
- Answer keys are separate.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
🛑 Are you a member of the TLL Membership? These materials are already included. If you are not a member, click here to learn more. The TLL Membership gives you an all-access pass to hundreds of ELA resources for teachers in Grades 3-5.