*All activities are included in a Google Slides or Forms format.*
What is included?
Topics Covered: Making Inferences (with illustrations, photographs, setting, real life situations, character traits, character feelings, plot)
1. Google Slides/PowerPoint: This is an interactive teaching presentation to use to teach the skills. The Google Slides and PowerPoints help you teach or review the skill. There are three versions included in both PowerPoint & Google Slides. The slide presentation is organized so that you can:
- Model the Skill
- Let's Try It! (Active Engagement)
- Independent Practice (Exit Slip)
Version 1: (Teaching Slides) These slides include transitions so that you can discuss the answers before they appear. The answers are also in the notes section of the slideshow.
Version 2: (Student Slides) These slides can be used if you are teaching virtually or if you want to use this as a review and have students complete on their own.
Version 3: (Answer Key) This slide has all the answers.
2. Graphic Organizers: There are 6 different versions of a chart to make inferences. These can be used with any book or story.
3. Reading Posters: One reading poster for making inferences and another with thinking stems.
4. Reading Comprehension Passages + Questions: There a total of 5 Reading Comprehension Passages & Questions. The questions are all based on making inferences.
5. Exit Slips: Each exit slip can be printed out 2 per page. The Exit Slips are also available in Google Forms. The exit slips are multiple choice or short response.
6. Reading Activities: 5 practice pages for students to practice making inferences.
7. Clues & Conclusions: An activity for students to use clues to make an inference/draw a conclusion.
8. Recommended Book List: picture books & wordless picture books.