GOOGLE SLIDES + FORMS NOW INCLUDED! We have updated the task cards with a digital option in Google Slides AND Google Forms. Be sure to re-download! There are directions and links inside the PDF :)
This set of task Cards includes:
- 36 Task Cards
- Answer Sheet
- Answer Key
- 3.MD.C.5 Recognize area as an attribute of plane figures and understand concepts of area measurement.
- 3.MD.C.5.A A square with side length 1 unit, called "a unit square," is said to have "one square unit" of area, and can be used to measure area.
- 3.MD.C.5.B A plane figure which can be covered without gaps or overlaps by n unit squares is said to have an area of n square units.
- 3.MD.C.6 Measure areas by counting unit squares (square cm, square m, square in, square ft, and improvised units).
- 3.MD.C.7 Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
- 3.MD.C.7.A Find the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths by tiling it, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths.
- 3.MD.C.7.B Multiply side lengths to find areas of rectangles with whole-number side lengths in the context of solving real world and mathematical problems, and represent whole-number products as rectangular areas in mathematical reasoning.
- 3.MD.C.7.C Use tiling to show in a concrete case that the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths a and b + c is the sum of a × b and a × c. Use area models to represent the distributive property in mathematical reasoning.
- 3.MD.C.7.D Recognize area as additive. Find areas of rectilinear figures by decomposing them into non-overlapping rectangles and adding the areas of the non-overlapping parts, applying this technique to solve real world problems.
- 3.MD.D.8 Solve real world and mathematical problems involving perimeters of polygons, including finding the perimeter given the side lengths, finding an unknown side length, and exhibiting rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters.
This product is also a part of a Growing Bundle >> Math Task Cards for the Year Bundle (3rd Grade)
Math Task Cards for the Year Freebies
🛑 Are you a member of the TLL Membership? These materials are already included. If you are not a member, click here to learn more. The TLL Membership gives you an all-access pass to hundreds of ELA resources for teachers in Grades 3-5.