Making Inferences Reading Mini Unit Free SampleRegular price $0.00 Save $0.00
- 👉This unit is also part of the Reading Mini Units Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade.
- 👉Click here for the 3rd Grade Making Inferences Reading Unit.
This unit includes a PowerPoint/Google Slides, graphic organizers, reading comprehension passages, questions, exit slips, and activities. It also includes recommended picture books and wordless books that will support you in teaching students how to make inferences. Let's get into the specifics.
*All activities are included in a Google Slides or Forms format.*
🛑 Are you a member of the TLL Membership? These materials are already included. If you are not a member, click here to learn more. The TLL Membership gives you an all-access pass to hundreds of ELA resources for teachers in Grades 3-5.
What is included?
Topics Covered: Making Inferences (with illustrations, photographs, setting, real life situations, character traits, character feelings, plot)
1. Google Slides/PowerPoint: This is an interactive teaching presentation to use to teach the skills. The Google Slides and PowerPoints help you teach or review the skill. There are three versions included in both PowerPoint & Google Slides. The slide presentation is organized so that you can:
- Model the Skill
- Let's Try It! (Active Engagement)
- Independent Practice (Exit Slip)
Version 1: (Teaching Slides) These slides include transitions so that you can discuss the answers before they appear. The answers are also in the notes section of the slideshow.
Version 2: (Student Slides) These slides can be used if you are teaching virtually or if you want to use this as a review and have students complete on their own.
Version 3: (Answer Key) This slide has all the answers.
2. Graphic Organizers: There are 6 different versions of a chart to make inferences. These can be used with any book or story.
3. Reading Posters: One reading poster for making inferences and another with thinking stems.
4. Reading Comprehension Passages + Questions: There a total of 5 Reading Comprehension Passages & Questions. The questions are all based on making inferences.
5. Exit Slips: Each exit slip can be printed out 2 per page. The Exit Slips are also available in Google Forms. The exit slips are multiple choice or short response.
6. Reading Activities: 5 practice pages for students to practice making inferences.
7. Clues & Conclusions: An activity for students to use clues to make an inference/draw a conclusion.
8. Recommended Book List: picture books & wordless picture books.
Other ELA resources you may L♥VE...
ELA Task Cards Bottomless Bundle for Grades 4-6
ELA Task Cards Bottomless Bundle for 4th Grade
ELA Task Cards Bottomless Bundle for 5th Grade
ELA Task Cards Bottomless Bundle for 6th Grade